The major symptoms of endometriosis are:
- Dyspareunia (pain on intercourse),
- Dysmenorrhoea (pain with periods),
- Pelvic and abdominal pain,
- Abnormal bleeding,
- Pelvic pain,
- Feelings of pressure and discomfort in the pelvis,
- Occasional bowel disturbance or bowel motion pain, especially with periods.
Again, it is worth stressing that a wide variety of endometriosis symptoms can occur in patients and the severity of these symptoms is also very diverse. Often patients with quite severe forms of endometriosis can have the most subtle of endometriosis symptoms.
Meta description: What are the best techniques for endometriosis diagnosis. Laparocsopic surgery can identify endometriosis, and Dr David Molloy is one of Queensland’s most experienced endometriosis specialists and Laparocsopic surgeons.